Hinged Tile Door
£87.61 – £366.72
Please Note: Once we receive your order a member of the sales team will be in touch to discuss your tile specification to enable manufacture to your requirements. Please be aware that if we do not receive this information it can affect lead times.
*Current lead time is 10 to 12 working days, please call our technical team for a more accurate lead time.
- Aperture: Wall
- Hinge Type: Piano Hinge
- Lock Type: Secure RPT Lock
- Bespoke Sizes Available: Please call our Technical Sales Team for more information
- Lead Time: 10 to 12 Working Days*
- Additional information
- Technical Drawing
- Delivery & Returns
- How to Specify & Order Tile Access Panels
The Tile Door provides a high-quality opening for access to building services in ceramic tiled walls. Each panel is made to suit the individual tile and combination of tiles being used. This ensures no unsightly tile cuts or visible frames disrupting the overall tiled finish.
With whole tiles on the door face and no disrupted joints, the position of the panel is then very difficult to identify. The design utilises a continuous piano hinge that limits door sag caused by heavy tiles. This gives a stable opening arc that can be tiled to with minimum gaps between door tray and surrounding wall tiles. Once adjusted for weight the design ensures no further door drop can occur and no tile damage during operation.
The panel is finished in powder-coated white or black as standard. A factory-fitted specialist tile substrate is mechanically fitted into the door tray as a base for the tiles. The door is fully removable from the frame. The panel is adjustable in all directions to level the door with the tile scheme. The door is latched with either square drive locks with sealed chrome barrels and security keys or with a touch catch mechanism. Can also be used with a mirror on the face rather than a tile.
- 1 and 2-hour fire rating options available.
- Concealed and Exposed style frames available.
- Radial Pin Tumbler with Chrome Escutcheon as standard. Other locking options available.
- Factory fitted removable continuous piano hinge.
- Prepunched fixing holes for simple installation.
- Standard 61mm depth.
- Factory fitted Marmox board to door face to accept tiles on site.
- We recommend the prepared opening be 5mm larger than the panel ordered.
- The stated size is dependent on the tile thickness.
Delivery & Returns
Shipping and discounts (if applicable) are calculated at check out.
Please note: Shipping is only available for the following locations: Mainland UK, Guernsey & Jersey.
If you are having trouble or for an international product and shipping quote, please contact us on 01724 853 090
(this includes Northern Ireland & Republic of Ireland)
You can return a product within 14 days of receipt. Please note Made to measure products cannot be returned.
Please contact us to arrange and discuss your return options.
How to Specify & Order Tile Access Panels
Tile doors create concealed ‘invisible’ openings in tiled walls. To achieve the invisible effect the door must be made to fit the tiles exactly. No cuts tiles should be required.
• Hinge points are offset on the door, so a portion of the door swings into the wall while the remaining swings out.
• The tile door frame is offset to the hinge side allowing the ‘swing in’ part of the door to clear the frame.
• No hinge knuckles are visible when finished.
• The aperture required for the frame will be larger than the size of the door face.
• The door and frame must be fitted before the surrounding tiles.
• The door must be tiled before the surrounding wall is tiled.
• Always ensure the door tray is surrounded by tiles on all 4 sides.
• Calculate the door size by working out the whole tiles required to cover the door tray including grout gaps. See below.