An almost invisible loft hatch designed to be as discreet as possible. This loft hatch will blend in seamlessly to compliment any high-end end/luxury scheme where a better solution than the standard house-builder plastic loft hatch is required.
Our loft hatches comply with all the building regulations for insulation, air tightness, L1 & L2, NHBC size requirements, robust documentation and are also fire rated.
But don’t just use it because its fire rated, use it because its beautiful and your client will love it.
For the best result we recommend specifying the beaded frame variety where the frame edge is tape and jointed or skimmed into the ceiling membrane. Ensure the door face is over-painted to match the ceiling. If your ceiling is already finished there is a picture frame option with ‘soft’ corners to cover the cut edge of the aperture. This panel is finished in a polyester powder coated white textured finish, which can also be over-painted. The door tray is hinged in its short length by two pivot hinges and locked by a concealed key operated square drive lock.
To open all our loft hatches from the floor specify the ‘SLIK’ Invisible Keyhole system and an extra long key. Open the hatch and pull down ladders without using steps. Security locks are available for communal areas.
Fire tested for 1 hour into a timber ceiling surround to BS476 Part 22.
Acoustic reductions from 38dB to 49dB. Tested to BS EN ISO 140-3:1995.
At 2 Pa the leakage rate is 0.43m³/h.m² tested to BS EN 13141-1: 2004.
For finished surfaces cover the cut edge of the aperture with this frame type.
For the minimalist look, skim or tape & joint this frame into the surface.
Ask for our patented “Spring Loaded Invisible Keyhole”
For use in ceilings.
Insulated to meet a Building Regulation target of
Durable powder coated finish in any RAL colour. RAL9010 white as standard.
Can be fitted with various lock options.
Flash over the powder coated surface with 180 grit & emulsion to match the surrounding surface.
535 x 635 mm
535 x 745 mm
Made to Measure
For bespoke sizes please call our Technical Sales Team. We can change sizes and modify designs to suit your scheme.
- 1 and 2 hour fire rating options available.
- Picture (PF) or Beaded (SBF) frame options to suit your installation preference.
- SLIK Spring Loaded Invisible Keyhole supplied as standard. Other secure locking options available.
- Factory fitted removable pivot hinge with inserted steel pins located into holes in the frame or continuous piano hinge to larger panels.
- Prepunched fixing holes for simple installation.
- Standard 90mm depth on all stock sizes.
- Complies with building regulations L1 & L2.
- We recommend the prepared opening be 5mm larger than the panel ordered.