Doors & Panels
Tested to British
Standard BS476 Part 22
We test to both the British and European Standards. Both standards are currently still applicable for the UK market. The European test has a far higher insulation requirement and should be used where there is any danger of fire being spread by heat radiating through the panel.
BS Fire Rated Access Panels provide fire rated protected openings in ceilings and walls for access to building engineering services.
Available fire rated up to 2 hours, the doors are finished in powder coated white and can be over painted to blend with the surrounding surface. The larger panels have full length piano hinges with the smaller panels using unique pivot hinges.
The Fire Rated Access Panel is a high quality robust solution suitable for everyday use and fitted with the ‘SLIK’ Invisible Keyhole giving your client all the discrete advantages possible with an access panel. The fire rating does not affect the appearance of the panel and the unique design enables panels to be fire rated without using heavyweight layers of plasterboard which can effect operation.
Many of our ranges have been tested please see the Product Features area in each door type.
Fire tested for 2 hours to BS476 Part 22.
Acoustic reductions from 41dB to 49dB. Tested to BS EN ISO 10140-2:2010.
Made to Measure
For bespoke sizes please call our Technical Sales Team. We can change sizes and modify designs to suit your scheme.
- 1 and 2 hour fire rating options available.
- 41dB to 49dB acoustic rating options available.
- Picture (PF) or Beaded (SBF) frame options to suit your installation preference.
- SLIK Spring Loaded Invisible Keyhole supplied as standard. Other secure locking options available.
- Factory fitted removable pivot hinge with inserted steel pins located into holes in the frame or continuous piano hinge to larger panels.
- Prepunched fixing holes for simple installation.
- Standard 51mm depth on all stock sizes.
- We recommend the prepared opening be 10mm larger than the panel ordered.