The Premium Plasterboard Access range provides protected fire rated access solutions through plasterboard ceilings for access to building engineering services. The robust 50mm profile produces a quality solution that can be used for fire rated or larger plasterboard faced access solutions.
The panels consist of a reinforced plasterboard faced pivoting or hinged door tray and frame finished in powder coated white. The double edged door tray construction offers greater rigidity designed to withstand a greater degree of abuse to the finished face.
The panels are fitted with a square drive operated lock accessed by the ‘SLIK’ Invisible Keyhole mechanism. This dispenses with plastic caps that highlight the keyhole position and draw unwanted attention to the panel. The door tray encapsulates a layer of 12.5mm plasterboard with a simulated beaded edge which provides a key for the tape and joint or skim coat. These panels must be fitted prior to plastering so the metal beaded frame parts of the door and frame can be incorporated into the ceiling or wall membrane in the same way as a conventional stop bead.
For use in ceilings.
Fire tested for up to 2 hours to BS476 Part 22.
For the minimalist look, skim or tape & joint this frame into the surface.
Ask for our patented “Spring Loaded Invisible Keyhole”
Durable powder coated finish in any RAL colour. RAL9010 white as standard.
The door and frame can be over-painted to match the surround.
Various insulation options are available up to 0.35 u-value target.
Flash over the powder coated surface with 180 grit & emulsion to match the surrounding surface.
300 x 300 mm
450 x 450 mm
600 x 300 mm
600 x 600 mm
900 x 600 mm
1200 x 550 mm
1200 x 600 mm
Made to Measure
For bespoke sizes please call our Technical Sales Team. We can change sizes and modify designs to suit your scheme.
- 1 hour fire rating options available.
- Beaded (SBF) frame for tape & jointing.
- SLIK Spring Loaded Invisible Keyhole supplied as standard. Other secure locking options available.
- Factory fitted removable pivot hinge with inserted steel pins located into holes in the frame or continuous piano hinge to larger panels.
- Prepunched fixing holes for simple installation.
- Standard 50mm door tray depth.
- Factory fitted Plasterboard to door face for over skimming on site.
- We recommend the prepared opening be 5mm larger than the panel ordered.